GUIHANGTAR: Guihangtar comprises guitarist Le-Tuyen Nguyen (Australia) and percussionist Salil Sachdev (USA). Guihangtar performs original compositions and arrangements largely inspired by, but not limited to, nature and traditional music. The essence of the duo is such that it is an evolving musical dialogue not bound by any specific cultural confines. Traditional melodic and rhythmic idioms weave with Western music exploring the technical and expressive dimensions of the guitar, enhanced with percussion instruments from various parts of the world. Guihangtar exemplifies a continually emerging and exciting interaction between two musicians with varied cultural and musical background residing on opposite sides of the world. It is an expression of tradition, innovation, and global interaction.
1. Euphoria – The joyful sound of bells
2. Prelude – Improvisation on the Indian drone
3. Gods of the Highlands – Ambience of highland festivals
4. Call of the Mountain Forest – The mystical landscape and the supernatural world of the mountain forest
5. Sunset – Ambience of the Mekong delta sunset
6. Dawn of the Mountain Forest – Creation of Earth
7. Song of the South – Vietnamese folk song ‘Lý con sáo’
8. Highland Dreaming – Melody and dance rhythms of highlanders
9. Heart of the Ocean – Inspiration from the Australian Great Barrier Reef seascapes and the musical cultures of the Pacific
10. Come Together – The sounds and activities of the harvesters during a good rice crop
Dawn of the Mountain Forest: Recorded at the Recording Studio Australian National University School of Music. Mastered by Parsons Audio USA.
Call of the mountain forest (3:47) | Highland dreaming (3:24) | Song of the south (1:59) | Prelude and gods of the highlands (9:42) | Come together (2:49) | White bird (2:49) | Sunset (1:56) | Dawn of the Mountain forest (5:13) | Moonlight (0:58)
Phone (02) 9660 2333 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Online:http://www.gleebooks.com.au/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=267293