Actions and Detail Panel
“Guess what I did on the weekend?” - Employer's rights to control what empl...
Tue. 17 October 2017, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm AEDT
The way we communicate and work is changing. Consequently, employers are more exposed with a blurred definition of the workplace and an unclear expectation of when they should step in to manage employee conduct.
As an employer, do you know where your obligations to employees, and employees’ obligations, begin and end? In this seminar, we will cover:
- Defining the workplace and what constitutes as acting in the course of employment
- Criminal behaviour or other “unethical” conduct outside of work
- Use of social media in and outside of the workplace for issues like:
- Bullying, harassing or stalking co-workers
- Criticising the employer
- Criticising customers
- Can you restrain former employees from contacting clients via LinkedIn
- Responding to allegations of misconduct that have occurred on social media or outside of the workplace or after hours
- Things you can do to put your business in the best position to prevent issues and manage them when they arise
Who should attend this seminar?
- Human Resources Professionals