GS1 Standards for Transport Management
This is a half day course commencing at 9:00am and ending at 12:30pm.
A half day training module on how GS1 standards can be used in your transport management processes to improve interoperability and visibility along the supply chain both locally and globally.
This course will help you to understand:
- Where the visibility gaps are in the end to end flow of information that supports the transportation of goods, particularly where multiple carriers and / or different modes of transport are involved.
- How to address the current lack of systems / intermodal interoperability.
- How the GS1 standards can improve the integration between the users and providers of transport & logistics services
- How the new Australian Freight Labelling and EDI standards can be leveraged to support more efficient transport processes;
- How industry is responding to these challenges and solutions;
- What next steps you (as participants) can take to move forward
Who should attend:
- Shippers of goods (cargo owners),
- Transport companies,
- Solution providers
- 3PL logistics providers,
- Freight forwarders.
- Anyone involved in the transport process
Participants please NOTE :-
Participants are asked to please bring a copy of your transport label or labels, if you are a transport service provider, or a copy of the transport label / labels your transport company uses, if you are a shipper.
The labels will form the basis for an activity during the session.
Save This Event
When & Where
GS1 Australia is the leading provider of standards and solutions for over 20 industry sectors. We introduced barcoding to Australia in 1979 and today we enable more than 17,000 member companies, of all sizes, to become more efficient by implementing the GS1 system. For more information visit http://www.gs1au.org/