Actions and Detail Panel
Government Job Readiness Workshop - learn how to secure a job in Government
Fri. 20 January 2017, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm AEST
Government Job Readiness Workshop. How to prepare & win a job in Government + Bonus Excel Skills.
Finding it hard to obtain your first role in Government? Our panel of experts will support you to become “job ready” in a dynamic and practical one-day workshop. You will walk away with a whole new set of skills that will enhance your interview skills to help you win your next role in government Brisbane,
DURING THE WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN TO:
• Create a stunning resume
• Develop a compelling cover letter
• Write interview-winning Key Selection Criteria
• Nail the interview process
• Enhance your soft skills
• Master effective post-interview follow-up techniques
AS A BONUS WE WILL SHOW YOU
• How to make the most of your LinkedIn profile
• How to conduct the right research and where to find critical information to prepare for your job interview
• How to manage your digital footprint
• How to master “must have” excel skills to entry role (Vlookups and pivot tables)
• How to respond to a government style interview format
• How to overcome interview nerves and stumbling blocks
• How to stay informed when new roles hit the market
• How to engage with Government networking groups
AT THE END OF THE WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEAVE WITH:
• An interview winning resume & compelling cover letter
• A deep understanding of how to create effective Key selection criterion
• Significantly improved interview skills
• An understanding of how to optimise your social media and digital footprint
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Bring your laptop with word and excel installed
• Bring your current resume & cover letter
• Our workshops are structured for small groups, so you will receive plenty of one on one coaching
• Tickets are non-refundable
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
You must be 17 years or over to attend this event.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Early bird parking is available at the Winter Garden, at your own cost.
Alternately you can use the "go secure" parking app to find discounted parking in the CBD
What can I bring into the event?
You need to bring your laptop and a soft copy of you existing resume or cover letter.
Please have Word and Excel installed on your laptop.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Contact Linda on 0432 174 299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
As we cater this event your ticket is non-refundable.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, by providing your first name and last name on arrival you will be granted access.
However, you do need to purchase your ticket prior to the event.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes, in the event that you are unable to attend, you may transfer your ticket to another person
Please contact us seven days prior to the event to arrange this.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
You must notify us of the person who will be attending in your place.