Would you like to increase your skills and knowledge in the area of Mental Health?
This one hour session delivered by the Mental Illness Fellowship Qld will include topics such as:
- dispelling the myths around mental illness
- What is mental illness?
- Vulnerabilities and warning signs
- Appropriate language and terminology in the workplace and community
- Suicide prevention and awareness
- Managing work related stress
MIFQ is a member of the Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (MIFA). MIFA is a national organisation undertaking an advocacy role on behalf of its state and territory members. MIFA is committed to ensuring that all Australians affected by mental illness receive adequate services and that policy and legislation address their needs.
We advocate on behalf of people living with mental illness through our newsletter, website and social media, and we raise awareness of their perspective in the general community through promotional events, speaking engagements and presentations.