Actions and Detail Panel
FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY WORKSHOP 12-13 Nov 2016 Lee-Anne Heron ND
Sat., 12/11/2016, 12:30 pm – Sun., 13/11/2016, 4:30 pm AWST
FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY WORKSHOP
Anatomy and Variation IN YOGA and MOVEMENT Patterns
2 Day Hands On Workshop $380 (EARLY BIRD $300 closes Nov 8)
SAT 12 NOV 1230pm-430pm
- SUN 13 NOV 2016 930am-430pm
The Functional Anatomy workshop is a comprehensive training designed for yoga teachers, bodyworkers and all other allied health professionals interested in learning anatomic variations and their physical implications in yoga asana AND movement patterns. It is open to dedicated yogis who want to deepen their self enquiry too.
This training includes the following components:
- tension vs compression, (understanding how to recognise and teach the difference and its implications on our yoga asana, posture and movement patterns)
- skeletal variation: understanding bone variation (size, shape, torsion, location) and its impact on our yoga asana, posture and movement patterns
- the broad impact on yoga asana for individual skeletal variations even from one side to another one body to another
- locating important bony landmarks for muscle attachments, on ourselves and others
- identifying body proportions and the impact on yoga asana, posture and movement patterns
- perform postural assessment for identifying ROM, skeletal variation and body proportion
- propriocepting important muscles and Directions of Movement with Yoga Tune Up® balls.
This workshop is experiential (a mix of theory and embodied practical activities) and will help you better understand your own body, tensions & compressions, bone structure, proportions and help to understand the differences in others and guide them to healthier movement patterns (yoga, daily routine or other movements).
Its a great follow on or adjunct to the Yoga Tune Up ® Embodied Anatomy Training and to any Applied Anatomy Training.
RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK to BRING:
Trail Guide to Body by Andrew Biel (Available on Amazon)
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER Lee-Anne Heron, ND , EYT- TEACHER TRAINER
Lee is mum of 3, a naturopath, and experienced yoga teacher trainer with over 15 years clinical experience and her yoga practice dates back as far. Lee specialises in women’s health & fertility, functional anatomy and healthy movement patterns.
Lee has studied Yin Yoga with Paul Grilley, Joe Barnett, Jo Phee, Sarah Powers and teaches around 10 yin yoga classes per week as well as privates. Lee is featured in the upcoming Paul Grilley, Functional Anatomy of Yoga video filmed in LA in March 2015 and you’ll find her teaching workshops and teacher trainings in Australia, Bali, India, Cambodia, Singapore and USA.
Lee has experience teaching small groups as well as in yoga studios, gyms, chiropractic clinics and corporate workplaces and regularly combines yin yoga workshops with naturopathic topics including sleep well, roll and release, hormone balance amongst others and offers yin yoga advanced practice workshops and functional anatomy trainings around the World. To find out more about Lee’s private practice and upcoming events visit www.synergiahealth.com
With qualifications including BSC Nat, Adv Dip Nat, Herb Med, Hom, Arom and certifications in many manual therapies including Acupressure, Shiatsu and Thai Yoga Massage as well as Yoga Tune Up ® , Science of Rolling - The Roll Model Method, as well as many Yin Yoga certifications. Lee is looking forward to ensuring you get the most out of this training by presenting you with clear, easy to understand, well researched information as well as a toolkit of practical, ready to use applications which you can easily apply in a one on one or group setting.
IF YOU WANT TO AVOID ONLINE FEES, DIRECT DEPOSITS CAN BE MADE TO: