Actions and Detail Panel
Frontline ice education for AOD workers
Mon. 15 May 2017, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm AEST
The Victorian State Government has funded Turning Point and the Victorian Mental Health Clusters to deliver this free interactive workshop.
The training is aimed at alcohol and other drug workers and presents the latest evidence-based best practice to enable the workforce to interact more effectively with people who use ice.
The workshop aims to develop:
- the latest knowledge in relation to ice use and the physiological and psychological impact on people who use ice including ice intoxication, the ice ‘crash’ and withdrawal;
- knowledge and skills to prepare a treatment plan for someone presenting with acute ice intoxication;
- positive attitudes towards people who use ice to minimise stigma;
- knowledge and skills on how to assess the needs of people who use ice and their families;
- knowledge and skills on the types of interventions to support people with problematic ice use and their families;
- knowledge and skills to prepare a management plan to support people with problematic ice use and their families;
- an opportunity to plan for practice change in your own workplace based on the knowledge, skills and attitudes gained in the workshop.
For more information contact Frank Hughes at Turning Point via email: firstname.lastname@example.org