Actions and Detail Panel
Free UOW Staff Mindfulness Workshop (Week 5)
Wed. 7 December 2016, 8:15 am – 9:00 am AEDT
This mindfulness program is an 6 week program (Non Progressive) for UOW staff members combining formal meditation techniques as well as more general mindfulness exercises designed to develop the ability to be more mindful or aware in the world. The provision of a range of formal techniques as well as practical exercises caters for individual differences and facilitates application into daily life. This booking is for Week 5 (December 7th).
- How long is each class? Each class will run for 45 minutes for 8:15am through until 9am
- Is it a progressive class? No, you will not fall behind if you can't make it each week, but there is a clear benefit to regular practice and developing your skills
- What level do I have to be? This class caters for beginners, but more experienced mindfulness practitioners will also benefit
- What do I wear to the classes? Regular work clothes are fine
- How can I get the most from the course? Come along regularly and give it a go!
- What does a normal class look like? Each class will begin with some light physical activity such as stretching or a Qi Gong exercise, followed by the practice of a mindfulness and/or meditation technique
- What are the benefits of mindfulness? Stress reduction, improved memory, improved focus, reduced emotional reactivity, improved relationships.
- What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation? Mindfulness is both a general deepening in awareness of the world and a formal mediation practice. Meditation and mindfulness overlap in mindfulness meditation. Learning other meditation techniques also helps develop mindfulness by slowing down the mind and enhancing the ability to focus
Do I need to bring anything with me? During the sessions there will be meditation practices during which you can either sit in a chair or lie down. Please feel free to bring a towel to lie on or a cushion for your chair if you’d like
- Why do I need do register? Spaces are limited so get in quick!
- How much are the classes? FREE to all UOW employees
- How do I register for each session? After each Wednesday session, bookings will go online via eventbrite each Thursday morning following.