In this inspiring yet practical workshop we look at how to shift from burnout to balanced and from frustrated to fun. How do you take care of yourself as an educator, all while building lasting relationships and supporting children to thrive? With only 20 tickets available, this interactive and engaging workshop will give you the perfect opportunity to share knowledge and ideas, ask questions specific to your service, and explore the practical implementation of handouts and strategies. Together we will get back to basics, reignite your joy in the everyday and put the magic back into child development!
- The connection between your self-care and positive learning outcomes for children
- Self-care vs stress management and the real risk of burnout
- The connection between relationships with children and long-term child development
- Everyday interactions that promote a child’s resilience, improved self-esteem, and enhanced school readiness
- Tantrums vs meltdowns? If behaviour is communication how do we respond to the message?
- Ability to recognise indicators of physical and emotional stress and minimise the risk of burnout
- Ability to integrate self-care strategies into professional practice
- Ability to apply a child led and relationship focused approach to pedagogy and practice
- Skills to promote interactions that lead to positive developmental outcomes and fewer behavioral difficulties
Educator’s toolkit – the nuts and bolts:
- We will arm you with a highly practical toolkit to ensure you can put everything you learn into practice.
Who should attend:
- This workshop is designed for educators from early education and care or school age care.
- This workshop will be presented by Jasmine Wallace, a highly experienced psychologist who has specialist knowledge in child development and educator health and well-being.
Save This Event
When & Where
Phone:0451 377 455
Carers Connection was founded by Jasmine Wallace, a psychologist and mum, who is passionate about providing high quality services and support to parents and carers of young children. Carers Connection operates in Queensland and provides parent support, educator professional development, and early childhood intervention services. We serve the community as an integrated service focused on meeting the needs of parents, carers and professionals involved with young children.