Actions and Detail Panel
Foundation Sewing | Winter Holiday Workshop (5 Days, Melbourne Campus)
Mon., 03/07/2017, 10:00 am – Fri., 07/07/2017, 3:00 pm AEST
The Whitehouse Institute Foundation Sewing workshop provides individuals with an introduction to the application and modification of commercial patterns, together with techniques to embellish and construct a complete garment. The Foundation Sewing Workshop is aimed at those wishing to gain patternmaking and sewing skills or those with an interest in fashion.
The 5-day sewing workshop provides foundations to designing a garment for themselves using simple pattern modification techniques either by computer or manually. Then to be able to cut and make the garment using simple techniques that guarantee success.
Participants will have access to all the technical equipment required for use during the 5-day course. A sewing kit is included in each ticket price providing you everything you need to produce the garment.
During this workshop students will learn:
- Body measurement taking and pattern size adjustment
- Design development or selection
- Pattern interpretation and modification using either manual techniques or CAD (StyleCAD or Gerber AccuMark)
- Fabric selection, fabric properties and composition
- Fabric laying, pattern placement and cutting
- Garment construction techniques relevant to the design
- Garment finishing and pressing
- Trend Forecasting
Classes will commence at 10am each day and conclude at 3pm with a one hour break for lunch. If you have any questions about this workshop please do not hesitate to give us a call. Limited places available.