Actions and Detail Panel
FOCiS (First Offender's Court Intervention Service
Thu. 16 February 2017, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm AEDT
A 2.5-hour compulsory drug education program for first offenders sentenced to the program by the Magistrates' Court. Delivered throughout Victoria.
The FOCiS program aims are:
- To provide explore the positive and negatives of drug use
- To increase the participants understanding of their own drug use and the potential harms and consequences of that use
- To develop skills to identify and reduce risk
- To develop an understanding of the cycle of change and treatment options
- To avoid stigma of conviction for first time offenders
If you are placed on an Undertaking with Conditions and you don't attend the FOCiS program during the course of your undertaking, the police will be notified of your non-attendance and the matter is likely to return to the Magistrates' Court.
The Magistrates' Court will deal with any non-attendance issues relating to persons referred to the program who are on a Diversion Plan.