A 2.5-hour compulsory drug education program for first offenders sentenced to the program by the Magistrates' Court. Delivered throughout Victoria.
What is it about? The FOCiS program aims are:
- To provide explore the positive and negatives of drug use
- To increase the participants understanding of their own drug use and the potential harms and consequences of that use
- To develop skills to identify and reduce risk
- To develop an understanding of the cycle of change and treatment options
- To avoid stigma of conviction for first time offenders
Do I have to attend?
Yes. If you have been placed on an Undertaking with Conditions or if you are on a Diversion Plan with the condition that you attend the FOCiS program, attendance is compulsory and you will receive a certificate to take to present at Court.
What happens if I don't attend? If you are placed on an Undertaking with Conditions and you don't attend the FOCiS program during the course of your undertaking, the police will be notified of your non-attendance and the matter is likely to return to the Magistrates' Court. The Magistrates' Court will deal with any non-attendance issues relating to persons referred to the program who are on a Diversion Plan.
You are required to attend the program that the Magistrate Court books you into. If you have any queries, please contact the FOCiS co-ordinator at UnitingCare ReGen on (03) 9386 2876.