Fawkner Community Program 01/02/2017, 08/02/2017, 15/02/2017
Fawkner Community Program
You will need to attend all three dates listed in the event title
When you attend a community venue, one of the workshops will be held at the Women's in Parkville and will include a hospital tour.
Please be on time for all workshops. Your partner/support person is encouraged to attend the workshops with you. One ticket is for both you and your partner or support person to attend.
Please bring your “Having Your Baby at The Women’s” book to all workshops.
You can bring snacks and drinks to consume during workshops.
Please ensure when booking your workshops that they are completed before your 36th week of pregnancy.
Labour and Birth topics include:
- Signs of labour
- When to come to hospital
- Progress of labour and birth
- Role of support person
- Practical coping methods during labour
- Options for pain management
- Unexpected outcomes, such as emergency caesarean
Parenting and Breastfeeding Topics include:
- Breast changes in pregnancy
- Understanding breastfeeding
- Having your baby in skin to skin contact and the first breastfeed
- Normal newborn feeding behaviour in the first 48 hours and beyond
- Safe sleeping and settling
- Parenting and relationship changes
- Communicating with your baby
- Community supports for the family
Hospital Tour Topics include:
- When and where to come to hospital
- Parking options
- Tour of Birth Centre and brief description of care during labour and birth
- Tour of post-natal ward & discussion on care in the first few days
Optional Free Events
You may also book the following optional events free of charge (by selecting Bonus ticket) , when you pay for this workshop series:
1. Caring for Yourself in Pregnancy (early pregnancy workshop) - women only
2. Talking Dads - men only
Note: For convenience these two events could be booked on the same evening
If you book a workshop but do not attend no refund will be given. A refund will only be available if cancellation is made at least one week before the first booked session.
Please choose your dates carefully as workshops book out quickly. It may not be possible to change your booking to a different date if your preferred date is already booked out.
You must be a resident in one of the following suburbs / postcodes to be eligible to participate in this workshop:
Fawkner 3060, Coburg 3058, Oak Park 3046, Pascoe Vale 3044, Glenroy 3046