Farm Biosecurity 2016
This event, designed for primary producers and organisations with a biosecurity responsibility, in the newly established Biosecurity Centre of Excellence will address Farm Biosecurity in a practical and informative series of workshops and lectures.
- Implementing a Farm Biosecurity Plan – Dr Jessica Lye, AUSVEG.
A hands-on approach to developing a plan for your business and why this plan should be part of standard operations
- Phylloxera Under the Microscope – Dr Kevin Powell, DEDJTR.
A world leader in phylloxera research Dr Powell will address practical aspects of managing grape phylloxera for growers
- Apiary Inspection – Jessica Hartland, DEDJTR.
Victoria’s new Bee Biosecurity Officer will lead a hands-on evaluation of bee hives demonstrating how to inspect hives for disease and what to do when you spot something of concern
- Dr Simone Warner
Research Director Microbial Sciences, Pests & Diseases, Biosciences Research Division
- Dr Andrea Magiafoglou
360AgSolutions on behalf of Cherry Growers Australia
- Dr Cathy Robinson
Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO
- Dr Brendan Rodoni
Principal Research Scientist, Microbiology, Biosciences Research Division
Who Should Attend
Farm Biosecurity 2016 is a ‘must attend’ event for primary producers and businesses with farm-biosecurity responsibilities. The sessions will ensure that delegates are aware of emerging threats and what you can do to minimise the likelihood of an outbreak.
- Primary producers, regional growers/farmers (viticulture, horticulture, beekeepers, lifestyle farmers, poultry breeders, dairy)
- Contractors & businesses with biosecurity obligations
- Local government
- Agriculture and Biosecurity students
- Date and Time
Lilydale Lakeside Campus
Lilydale, VIC 3140