Actions and Detail Panel
Family Inclusive Practice in AOD Treatment - Brisbane
Thu. 30 March 2017, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm AEST
NB: This training is targeted towards workers employed within specialist AOD treatment and mental health services only. It is not suitable for generalist health and community workers, statutory officers or members of the general public.
Families can impact and be impacted by our clients’ use of substances. This one day workshop will explore a broad range of family inclusive approaches, strategies and tools that can assist in improving the effectiveness of our alcohol and drug work, including addressing some of the specific barriers to implementing family-inclusive approaches in practice.
- Understanding the impact of substance use on families
- Including families in intake and assessment
- Explaining and managing confidentiality
- Genograms and Timeline approaches
- Supporting families through treatment
- Negotiating child protection and family and domestic violence concerns
- Tips for family self-care
Presenters: Michelle Taylor and Karen Hassan
This workshop is being offered at multiple locations across Queensland. It is part of the Queensland Government’s response to ‘ice’ crystal methamphetamine