Actions and Detail Panel
Facilitation Skills: For Consultants, Experts & Thought Leaders - 2 day pro...
Wed., 15/02/2017, 9:30 am – Thu., 16/02/2017, 4:30 pm AEDT
Includes the 2 DAY PROGRAM, a 1:1 Coaching Session and 3 of Lynne Cazaly's books
This 2 day program, facilitated by Lynne Cazaly covers 9 modules.
It addresses all the things you need to engage with a client about facilitating a session, preparing to facilitate, designing the event and handling what happens during - and after - the session.
The 9 modules
1. EXPERTISE: What’s my expertise? What do I bring to working with a group or facilitating a team? What type of sessions could I facilitate?
2. NEEDS: Who are they? What are their needs? How do I best identify their requirements? Where is the 'gap' I can help them close?
3. RESPONSE: What is my response? How do I propose we close the gap? What is my response to their situation? How will I bring my specialist expertise to their situation? What do I do?
4. OUTLINE: What does the session look like? What processes will we use and follow? What type of workshop or session will this be?
5. AGENDA: Designing the session, in detail. What will happen, when? How will we make best use of the time available? What games, tools, activities and resources are available to us? What will we do when we all come together?
6. FACILITATE: Conducting the session. What will I do on the day of the event? How do I set up the room or space, run the agenda? What things are needed on the day? How do I start things off?
7. ADAPT: The best laid plans may need to change. Now what? Handling what happens on the day and dealing with unexpected changes. How do I handle how people respond and work in the session? What if...?
8. TECHNIQUES: Tools, Tips, Techniques & Tricks: a collection of insights and learning no facilitator can be without when they're working with a group.
9. BEYOND: Wrap Ups, conclusions and ‘What Next?': How will I wrap up the day? How do we make sure we achieved something? What could we do next? How do I make sure there is ongoing opportunity for us to work together? What else could I do to support them with their work?
In addition to these modules, Lynne Cazaly runs a policy of 'any question at any time' and so there will be opportunities throughout the two days to ask questions, interact and contribute your challenges, thoughts, ideas and input. It wouldn't be facilitation otherwise!
This provides you with a 'real life' environment to see and experience great facilitation skills in practice in the room during the program.
New to facilitation?
If you’re new to facilitation as an expert or consultant, it’s a great time to make a clean start.
You’ll be able to add to your toolkit and range of services, start with some professional insights, templates, tools and approaches, and add it to the list of things you can do to help your clients.
Make sure you know what to do, how to do it and build it in to the offer of your business.
If you’re not already getting this type of work, would you like to? If so, you’ll need facilitation skills to design the program or session, run it and get the outcomes needed. In this way you’ll get the most out of their time and their investment of getting everyone in the room on the same day.
If you’re already facilitating, you can enhance your capability, step-up the type and level of work you can deliver and help your clients get even greater impact and outcomes when you work with them.
Program Fee AUD $2200 +gst and includes:
2 day workshop
2 full days learning in an interactive faciliated environment
Coaching Call Support
A 1 hour 1:1 coaching call with Lynne Cazaly - after the program, when you need it. This could be prior to a workshop with a client. Lynne is available to plan and discuss the agenda, engagement or project with you or speak with you after the event to debrief and talk through what happened and how to build your capability further. You choose when you would like to work with Lynne to gain input and support with your facilitation.
Copies of Lynne Cazaly's books, relevant to facilitation:
Leader as Facilitator: How to inspire, engage and get work done
Making Sense: A Handbook for the Future of Work
Create Change: How to apply innovation in an era of uncertainty
Online Learning Program: 'Facilitation Skills'.
Immediate access to Lynne Cazaly's 5 module program that reinforces workshop learning and shares with you the techniques and tips to help you handle challenging situations.
Resources and Templates
Agendas, questions, processes and tools that have been designed, tried and tested by Lynne Cazaly. These can be applied immediately, or adapted and used to suit your individual situations.