This new Quality Tourism Workshop, Export Boost, has been designed to assist Tasmanian Tourism businesses curious about the domestic and international market but not sure if there business is suitable or ‘Export Ready’.
Experienced export marketers Karen Fraser and Andrew Ross have joined together to bring TICT accredited or registered to be accredited businesses two one and a half hour sessions packed with information and tips on working with the domestic and international trade market.
Following these sessions attendees will get the opportunity to recieve 4 HOURS FREE of one on one mentoring with one of the presenters.
Session 1 – Introduction to export marketing (1.5hrs)
This session is ideal for anyone who has dabbled in the domestic wholesale or online tourism distribution network and would now like develop a better understanding and business plan for entering the wider international export arena. Topics include:
- Why inbound tourism? What are the benefits?
- Researching your markets
- Is your product right for the international markets?
- An overview of the Travel Distribution system
- Commercial realities, commission and contracts
Session 2 – How to get on the wagon (1.5hrs)
This session gets down to then nitty gritty of the travel distribution game, providing an overview of who’s who in the zoo including some guidance on finding the right channel for your tourism experience. Other topics include:
- Building relationships within the network
- Trade shows and in-market missions
- Familiarisations, how to be included and do them.
- Developing your plan of action
- This event is open only to those businesses currently Tourism Accredited or in the process of becoming accredited with TICT.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided
- There are minimum and maximum numbers set for this event. If there are not enough bookings the event will be cancelled and a refund will be provided.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations or nonattendance.