Actions and Detail Panel
Expert Witness Training
Fri. 26 May 2017, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm AEST
For over 20 years Unisearch Expert Opinion Services has provided Expert Witness Training to both new and experienced consultants. The training is designed to equip experts with the unique skills of testifying as an expert witness; enhance the quality of the expert’s report writing as well as build their knowledge and confidence to perform in court scenarios.
The core components of our one day intensive expert witness training are:
• The expert's role in the court proceedings
• The rules of evidence as they apply to the expert's opinion
• Report writing and communication skills
• Court procedures to narrow the points of disagreement between opposing expert opinions
• Understanding the aims and methods of examination and cross-examination.
Trainer - Hugh Selby
Hugh Selby, Barrister and former law school teacher, has been training advocates and witnesses for 28 years. He teaches in Australia, Asia and the USA. His authored and edited publications include Expert Evidence, advocacy and appellate advocacy.