San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
This workshop is designed to educate nurses working in aged care on the impact of dysphagia and how to optimize nutrition and hydration safely within an aged care or community care setting.
This full day workshop covers the following and so much more:
- Overview of dysphagia,
- Risks and signs of dysphagia
- Assessment vs screening
- Texture modified diets
- Thickened fluids- why thicker isn't safer
- Choking vs aspiration
- Management of dysphagia in an aged care setting, and
- What is oral hygiene?
- Mouth cares and managing dry mouths
- positioning essentials
- Cues and prompts
- Mealtime assistance
This is a fully catered one day event.
Seminar fee includes coffee/tea, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
This workshop is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 5.5 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact Food Solutions via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 850 246.
Can I pay for this other than by credit card?
Yes, for other payment methods please contact contact Food Solutions on 1300 850 246.
The name on the registration doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes you can substitute an attendee to take your place.
Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations: At least 14 days notice must be given to obtain a full refund. Failure to provide 14 days notice will result in a forfeit of all funds.
- Food Solutions reserves the right to cancel or postpone any seminar. Participants will be advised and offered an alternative date. If this is inconvenient, a full refund will be offered.
Save This Event
When & Where
Food Solutions Diet Consultants
Food Solutions Diet Consultants is one of Australias leading consultancy group of specialist aged care Dietitians and Speech Pathologists. Our unique team works closely to achieve our mission everyday; to provide evidence based, quality services to improve the nutrition and hydration of our clients and optimise quality of life. Our service and experience is second to none.