It can be difficult for busy HR professionals to read and digest the latest case law and its implications. In this informative and practical workshop, FCB Workplace Law lawyers will provide you with an understanding of recent critical developments in employment law over the past year and how you can ensure corporate compliance.
What is covered?
Drawing on principles arising from key employment law decisions of the past year, the complimentary workshop will provide you with the knowledge to deal with some common but often complex issues:
- How internal strategy discussions can still be found to breach adverse action provisions.
- The risks of using non-traditional employment models.
- The implications of including ‘aspirational’ terms in enterprise agreements.
- When casual service is included in the calculation of redundancy payments.
- The requirements of making reasonable adjustments for ill and injured employees.
- Whether implied reasonable notice is still relevant.
- Mandatory pre-approval steps when bargaining for an enterprise agreement.
- Understanding the duty to consult under work health and safety legislation, after the first prosecution of a duty holder.
The workshop will be conducted in a small group that encourages round table discussion. Attendees will receive case summaries and take away tips.
Who should attend?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Work Health and Safety Managers
- General Managers
- Legal Counsel