San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Erosion & Sediment Control Level 2 Site Managers & Site Supervisors
This 1 day course aims to suitably prepare attendees in the assessment, identification and compliance with Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) requirements and form a solid learning base for staff involved with ESC.
The content of the Level 2 course is based on the IECA 2008 “Best Practice Erosion and Sediment Control” guideline. NSW based courses will be in accordance with Landcom 2004 “Managing Urban Stormwater: Soils and Construction” commonly known as the Blue Book.
The Level 2 course is focused towards Site Supervisors, Foreman, Engineers and Project Managers (i.e. those providing direction and advice at a site level).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key legislation elements relevant to ESC
- Identify erosion processes and undertake risk assessment (using RUSLE)
- Understand basic soil science relevant to erosion management and revegetation
- Identify best practice ESC requirements and their limitations
- Appreciate of why some erosion and sediment control techniques are more effective than others
- Understanding the minimum construction and maintenance requirements for drainage, erosion and sediment control measures.
- Effectively manage the construction, operation and maintenance of a sediment basin
- Implement a range if suitable revegetation techniques for different circumstances
- Undertake effective site inspections and audits.
Terry is a Principle Environmental Engineer with over 13 years direct experience in the area of soil and water management, specifically erosion and sediment control. Terry regularly presents a range of ESC training courses and has trained over 1,000 people in QLD, NSW, NT and TAS. Terry’s wealth of experience and qualifications provide attendees with an engaging and insightful course which is Approved Training by the International Erosion Control Association (IECA). Terry has been invited by Griffith University to sessional lecture Engineering Design and has previously presented ESC training at Sydney TAFE.
Terry is a Certified Practitioner in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), a Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS), a Registered Professional Engineer of QLD (RPEQ) and holds a Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
Terry has broad experience within the environmental field having previously worked within both private industry and Government. He has developed an appreciation and detailed understanding of the entire development process from the initial project conception, design and construction phases and subsequent final delivery. Terry has gained a high level appreciation of the challenges, constraints and impacts associated with application, monitoring, training and compliance with ESC requirements for both clients and contractors.
- Full day catering
- Printed and bound course notes
- Certificate of completion