San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
What you can expect from the session...
1. Learn the 4 ‘must do steps’ undertaken by industry experts to land their dream job
- High performance AFL Fitness coach
- Sports Scientist
- Sports Physiotherapist
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
2. Get answers to your most important career questions
- What are the industry specific jobs available?
- What are the day-to-day tasks performed by these professionals?
- What are my career stepping stones?
3. Network with industry experts
- What are the essential skills they need you to have?
- Where are your placement opportunities?
- What courses are available to gain specific qualifications?
- Key actions you can perform NOW to enhance your employability
Who you will have the opportunity to meet at the session...
Mr Matthew Hornsby (AFL High Performance Manager - St Kilda FC)
Mr Bryan Robertson (Sports Physiotherapist)
Managing director of Optimus Health Group who graduated from La Trobe University in 2007, and has completed further study in Biomechanics and Kinematics. Bryan currently works as part of the Academy Team at Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby Club, and is an active Physiotherapist for Victorian Schools Rugby Union in Melbourne. Bryan has a special interest in structuring ACL rehabilitation programs, thoroughly enjoying the latter stages of the rehab program and incorporating Strength & Conditioning functional programs to help return to pre- surgery level and return to sport. Optimus Health Group are partnered with the Melbourne Rebels, Victorian Rugby Union, Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and AFL Victoria. Bryan is now a member of the ERA team as a lead trainer in our Physiotherapy Assistance Program (Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance).
Ms Adrienne Bratchford (Accredited Exercise Physiologist)
Completed her Masters in Clinical Exercise Physiology with Deakin University. She then went on to work in a private practice at InForm Health and Exercise in Malvern and Beleura Health Solutions on the Mornington Peninsula. She also works out of multiple GP super clinics, servicing a wide range of clientele. Her passions lie in exercise for the management of Type II Diabetes, and exercise in women's health. Adrienne is a member of the ERA team, involved in the development and teaching of the Physiotherapy Assistant Program.