** ONLINE SELF PACED COURSE **
** START ANY TIME **
Enterprise Content Management
Improve customer and staff engagement, ensure compliance, and automate business processes.
Course Benefits and Objectives
Enterprise Content Management combines analytics, collaboration, governance and processes with anywhere, anytime access to deliver value to your customers, partners, and employees. When used effectively, even complex content becomes your greatest business asset.
AIIM’s Enterprise Content Management course has provided over 20,000 information professionals with a systematic approach to manage all of their content. The course information is applicable across all industries, and is independent of any particular technology or vendor solution.
This course is ideal for...
IT, business analysts, consultants, business unit managers, and other professionals who are tasked with managing your organisation’s content. You’ll acquire the necessary skills to:
- Understand the ECM technology components including document collaboration and management, records management, workflow, imaging, and web content management
- Create corporate models for taxonomies, metadata, and security
- Acquire interoperability and integration techniques
- Consider the impact of cloud computing, mobile, social media, and big data on content
- Determine who owns information governance and apply controls
The ECM Specialist course provides a firm foundation in the technologies, business drivers, and implementation strategy of managing content including the key roles of information architecture, metadata, and taxonomy.
The ECM Specialist covers the following topics:
- Business drivers for improving information management processes.
- How to create and capture content from a variety of sources including Office documents, images, and email.
- How to collaborate effectively.
- How to create, apply, and leverage metadata to improve content management.
- How to organize enterprise content to ensure access and improve findability.
- How to streamline and automate document-centric business processes.
- Tools and strategies for ensuring enterprise content is secure.
- How to manage enterprise content throughout the information lifecycle.
- How to ensure long-term access to enterprise content.
Online modules can be studied in your own time at whatever pace suits you. The modules are accompanied by slides, notes, voice track and controls to allow you to review, repeat, skip forward or back.
The relevant accreditation, for example is awarded after you complete a final online assessment. Further information can be found on www.aiim.org/training.
Who should book for Online training?
This style of training cuts down on travel and expense costs, and avoids booking time away from work to attend in person. The training can be spread over several days or weeks, and results in the same accreditation as if you attended the class. The downsides include requiring the self-discipline needed to see it through, the lack of interaction with the expert trainer input to reinforce the training, and missed opportunity to network with others on your course. However there are thousands who have taken online modules over the years, and it is a very viable option.
** Note: Practitioner level now referred to as Specialist; this designation has been revised by AIIM.
“After 10 years of ECM experience using a wide range of superior ECM technologies, AIIM courses aligned my ECM knowledge and polished my consultancy background. Now, I am much more confident and capable. Thank you, AIIM for the friendly website and informative classes.” - Ibrahim Alawneh, Al Hosn Gas