Developing your communication skills is one of the simplest ways to improve your relationships and increase personal and career success.
How you communicate impacts every aspect of your life and can help or hinder you; regardless of how smart or educated you are.
Learn how to communicate more effectively and assertively at this 2.5 hour workshop run by communications consultant Leah Mether of Methmac Communications.
You will learn:
- Why effective communication is important and how it will improve your life, build your confidence and earn you respect.
- How to improve communications with your partner, family, friends and colleagues.
- Practical tips on how to be more assertive in your work and personal life.
- Strategies for having difficult conversations and dealing with conflict.
- How to stand up for yourself and your point of view while respecting the rights and beliefs of others.
- The four styles of communication and where your style fits.
- Why assertiveness is more effective than aggressive, passive aggressive, and passive communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
This workshop is for anyone and everyone looking to improve their communications and is suitable for adults and teenagers.
*Tea, coffee and supper provided.
*Certificates of completion provided.
For further information about the speaker, go to www.methmac.com.au.
When & Where
Leah Mether is a former journalist and corporate communications manager, with extensive experience in public speaking.
Leah now runs her own consultancy and is passionate about teaching people how to communicate more effectively to increase personal and professional success.
Through her business, Leah provides communications services and advice to large corporate clients, small businesses, schools, community groups and individuals. She also runs a wide range of communications workshops and motivational seminars.
Leah is the mother of three young boys, a wife, community volunteer, writer, fitness lover and chocoholic.