Actions and Detail Panel
Eco Families Adelaide's Children's Clothing Swap // AUTUMN & WINTER
Sat. 1 April 2017, 9:30 am – 11:30 am ACDT
Swap, don’t shop!
Please join us for a Children’s clothing swap - a great way to clear space of outgrown items and get ready for the colder weather ahead AND save money and pick up some wonderful items new-to- you.
This swap meet will be for children’s clothing for autumn/winter, from newborn to size 5.
9.30 am // Arrival and registration (we’ll provide you with one ticket per item of clothing then sort and set up the clothes. We’ll have an activity on for the kids)
10.10 am // No more clothing will be accepted for swapping
10.30 am // Swap opens (select up to 25 items of clothing and redeem your ticket for clothing)
- This swap is for children’s autumn and winter clothing and shoes in child’s size 0000 to 5 only. There is a maximum of 25 items per person.
- Please do not bring toys, books or any other baby-related accessories. No underwear please.
- Clothing must be in very good condition (no tears or stains please), clean and ready to wear, all zips and buttons intact and working. Damaged, stained and badly pilled items will not be accepted.
- A good guide for including an item for swapping is - Only include it if you would buy it!
- Swappers will receive a numbered ticket reflecting the number of clothing items they bought in and can swap for (maximum 25 per person).
- If you have no clothes to swap but are keen to be involved, you are welcome to join the swap at 11:00am however we cannot guarantee what will be left at this time. You will still need to purchase a $5 entry ticket and let us know that you are not swapping.
- If you arrive late to the swap you will be expected to lay out your own clothes on the tables before you get started.
- Any remaining clothing will be donated to local charities.
The $5 entry is being used to fundraise to support the Adelaide Sustainability Centre’s Eco Families Adelaide program.
Children are welcome however will need to be supervised and we suggest using a baby carrier if you have one so we don’t get too crowded with prams.
Items can be delivered prior to the event. Please contact the Adelaide Sustainability Centre on (08) 7123 2166 or email@example.com to make arrangements.
If you have any further questions, please refer to event FAQ below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How do the tickets work?
A. You bring on the day or drop off prior to the swap, a bag containing up to 25 items of clean sorted clothes in good condition. Swappers will receive a numbered ticket reflecting the number of clothing items they bought in and can swap for (maximum 25 per person).
Q. But I have more than 25 items to swap/more than 1 child!
A. Please buy a ticket for a friend/partner/family member who can also bring and swap 25 items.
Q. Do the clothes need to be in excellent condition?
A. Yes! We will take clothes in great new condition. We don't want anything stained, pilled, faded, stretched or damaged. If you wouldn't buy it, don't try to swap it!
Q. How should I sort the clothes?
A. All clothes need to be sorted into size. If you are bringing a mixed sizes you must have each different size clearly marked and labelled within the bag.
Q. Do I get to choose my own clothes on the day?
A. You sure do!
Q. Can I drop off on the day?
Q. How do I know you will have the sizes I want?
A. You don't! We can't guarantee the availability of any size as we can only swap what has been brought in by others.
Q. Can I donate clothes but not participate?
A. Yes Please!
The Adelaide Sustainability Centre is proudly supported by theAdelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resource Management Board and Conservation SA.