San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Member organisations and friends of the ECCV are invited to attend the AGM where we will report on the work of the ECCV in 2015-2016.
Guest Speaker: Professor Joseph Lo Bianco presenting on Language and Social Cohesion
We are pleased to announce that Professor Joe Lo Bianco will be our guest speaker this year and he will be speaking on Language and Social Cohesion.
Dr Lo Bianco is Professor of Language and Literacy Education, in the Melbourne Graduate School of Education and is Past President, Australian Academy of the Humanities. He is an expert on bilingualism, second language learning, and peace and cohesion dialogues and has 130 publications on language, policy and planning, language education, literacy, culture and identity.
Release of ECCV Papers
ECCV will also be releasing two language papers:
- Stepping Up To Mandarin: The Twin Benefits of Community and Trade Languages
- The Art and Science of Communication in Multicultural Victoria: A joint Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria and Polaron Language Services Forum
To view the agenda click here
Minutes of the 2015 AGM click here
Please register by 21 November 2016. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Please note this is a non-election year.
- Please advise email@example.com if you are unable to attend and would like your apologies noted.
- This Annual General Meeting Notice is issued in accordance with clause 13 of the ECCV Constitution
- Please note that under clause 14.3 a quorum constitutes 5 ordinary members personally present at the AGM
When & Where
Ethnic Communities' Council of Victoria
The Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria Inc. (ECCV) is the Voice of Multicultural Victoria. As the peak policy advocacy body for ethnic and multicultural organisations in Victoria, we are proud to have been the key advocate for culturally diverse communities in Victoria since 1974. For over 40 years we have been the link between multicultural communities, government and the wider community. www.eccv.org.au