David Galston is an outstanding Canadian leader. He is the Academic Director of the Westar Institute, the Ecumenical Chaplain at Brock University, and an Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Brock. He is also an Advisor for the SnowStar Institute of Religion (Canada) and the Quest Learning Centre (Hamilton, Ontario). He has played a key role, both in Canada and the United States, in the development of progressive forms of religion and theology, including being a founding member and chair of the Westar Institute’s new Seminar on God and the Human Future. David has published two books (Archives and the Event of God, McGill-Queens Press, and Embracing the Human Jesus, Polebridge Press) as well as written several articles for the Westar Institute magazine The Fourth R and academic journal Forum.
When & Where
The Progressive Christian Network of Victoria Inc
Purposes of the Progressive Christian Network of Victoria:
- Promote progressive Christian thought and practice.
- Explore the implications of critical biblical scholarship and the emerging proposals of eminent contemporary theologians, scholars and others.
- Explore alternatives to traditional religious beliefs and practices and new ways to understand religious faith.
The Network will:
- Provide opportunities for sharing experience, knowledge andresources among members and other interested persons
- Organise seminars, colloquiums and discussions
- Coordinate and promote speaking tours by eminent international and Australian thinkers and teachers
- Encourage Australian scholars, theologians and others to conduct research, write, speak and teach on aspects ofprogressive Christian thought and practice and
- Interact with kindred bodies at the national and international level to pursue common aims