Actions and Detail Panel
Digital Fest in the West
Fri. 19 May 2017, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm AEST
The Digital Fest in the West is a new and innovative four module digital learning program designed specifically for tourism operators across Melbourne’s West - a program to help you achieve cut through in your tourism marketing efforts in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
With a focus on learning in real time, this practical and ‘hands on’ learning program has been customised to build the capacity of local tourism businesses in our region, to enhance your networks with local operators, and to foster collaboration online across Melbourne’s west. This program is being developed and facilitated in partnership with the Tourism eSchool http://tourismeschool.com/.
Four modules will be delivered through May and June 2017:
Module 1: Four-hour live workshop and networking lunch (Friday 19th May) - Venue: Refectory, Werribee Park Mansion, Werribee
Module 2: One-hour webinar (Tuesday 30th May)
Module 3: One-hour webinar (Tuesday 13th June)
Module 4: Three-hour live workshop and networking lunch (Friday 23rd June) - Venue: Deakin Learning Centre, Bridge Street, Werribee
What will you learn?
By participating in the program you will learn about:
- latest tourism digital marketing trends
- targeting your most profitable customers via digital networks
- developing customer advocacy
- smart use of photos and videos
- leveraging social media to amplify your reach
- getting the content in the hands of your prospects, in the right digital channels, at the right time
- managing online and offline reviews and feedback
- marketing your business through channels such as TripAdvisor, Google and Facebook
- website engagement and conversion tactics
For more detailed information about the program and the Tourism eSchool facilitators (Rebecca White and Paige Rowett) please click here
Enquiries and more information:
Richard Ponsford, Executive Officer, Western Melbourne Tourism