Dr David Holden, Palliative Care Physician Northern Adelaide Palliative Care Service introduces a communication framework used in managing difficult conversations. By the end of the forum, you should know more about how to:-
• Identify how good communication benefits both patient and clinician
• Refine your approach in conducting family meetings
• Recognise and respond to emotional cues during a consultation
• Identify patient and clinician agendas, including transitions of care
• Manage conflict and ambivalence.