Actions and Detail Panel
Diagnostic and Interventional Neck Ultrasound
Sat. 24 June 2017, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm AEST
This course is designed for Endocrine Surgeons , Physicians , Registrars and surgical trainees who are interested incorporating Thyroid ultrasound and procedures into their practice. The intensive course will provide registrants with basic ultrasound physics, artifacts and instrumentation give them an understanding of sonographic scan planes , probe manipulation skills, terminology and ultrasound guided needling techniques.
- Basic Physics of ultrasound , artifacts, instrumentation and colour Doppler
- Anatomy of the thyroid ,parathyroids and salivary glands , normal dimensions and relationship with the surronding anatomy of the Cervical Region
- Sonographic Imaging criteria of Thyroid , parathyroid and nodes pathology
- Identify and understand anatomic relations of the major salivary glands
- Performance of Ultrasound examinations of the Neck, scan techniques and image acquisition.
- Image documentation and measurement protocols
- Ultrasound Directed Interventional procedures
Upon completion of the course learners should be able to :-
- Understand and demonstrate the basic physical principles of ultrasound
- Understand the relevant ultrasound technology quality control and safety
- Effectively perform a cervical/neck ultrasound
- Demonstrate competency in correlating ultrasound images with clinical findings
- Understand sonographic imaging criteria of neck ,thyroid ,parathyroid and node pathology
- Identify the major salivary glands
- Demonstrate competency in performing ultrasound directed interventional procedures
- Understand limitations of ultrasound and the importance of seeking assistance and advice
- Have an understanding and skills to perform an ultrasound guided interventional procedure.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.