Registration 8am to 8:30am
CPD - 4 hours scientific
Welcome tea/coffee and morning tea provided
Registration closes 10th February
CURRENT DHAA MEMBERS WILL BE EMAILED A CODE TO ACCESS THE MEMBERS ONLY TICKETS
Members will need to click
Enter Promotional Code button (enter code in here)
The DHAA member tab will appear.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - if you have any queries about the event or to get the promotional code emailed to you.
DHAA Members - $105 (+ $5.72 fees)
ADOTHA Members - $150 (+ $7.47 fees)
Non-Members - $200 (+ $9.99)
Infection Prevention in the Dental health setting (a refresher)
Director of Hands-On Infection Control
To highlight key issues in infection prevention and control practice in accordance with the available evidence-base, Australian guidelines, standards and dental practice accreditation requirements.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
1. State infection control scope of practice responsibilities.
2. Use the most current recommendations as clinical underpinning of an effective infection control program.
3. Identify occupational risks presented by infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistant organisms.
4. Differentiate between standard and transmission-based precautions and their application.
5. Describe appropriate use of hand hygiene products and methods.
6. Describe correct selection and use of personal protective equipment.
7. Display an understanding of the core components of aseptic technique.
8. Comprehend principles of environmental control and their practical application.
9. Comply with AS/NZS 4815:2006 reprocessing of reusable dental device requirements
10. Describe staff health prevention and management strategies
11. Discuss the NSQHS Standards and their application to private and public dental services.