Actions and Detail Panel
DHAA SA - Christmas Breakfast
Sun. 4 December 2016, 9:00 am – 11:30 am ACDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
It's nearly time for our annual Christmas Breakfast!
Come and join us for a Sunday breakfast, a chance to catch up with friends and reflect on the year.
Glass of bubbles on arrival, pastries, hot breakfast and 1.5 hours CPD. Cash bar available.
This event is FREE for DHAA members and will SELL OUT FAST!
9:00am Registration for 9:30am Start
CPD - 1.5 hours
Speaker - Hellen Checker - Social Media and Advertising
Hellen has worked as dental hygienist, in both the public and private sector, volunteers internationally on regular work trips to Vietnam and has held industry leadership and advocacy roles, including Presidency of peak body, the Dental Hygienists’ Association of Australia Inc. (DHAA) and was a member of the National Minimal Intervention Dentistry Workshop and Alliance for Caries Free Future. Hellen is currently completing a Masters degree in Leadership (Health and Human Services) at University of Tasmania School of Medicine. She is a Research Fellow at UWA International Research Collaborative for Oral Health and Equity and is currently working for the University of Adelaide, based in Alice Springs, as a clinician in the Perio- Chronic Kidney Disease study.
Pause before you Post: Social Media for Oral Health Professionals
This presentation will enable oral health professionals to:
- Identify different types of social media used by oral health professionals
- Recognise different forms of law in Australia
- Recognise legal and ethical obligations under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (South Australia) Act 2010 (SA), The Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and applicable state and territory statutory legislations pertaining to Health Records and Information Privacy and Australian Consumer Law and the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code 2007
- Be able to locate and reference laws and guidelines and workplace or association social media policies and recognise posts that may be unlawful or have the potential for litigation and to help you educate your dental team
- Be able educate your workplace to Pause before you post
Sponsored by MIPS