Actions and Detail Panel
DHAA NSW and ADOHTA NSW - Orthodontics with Dr Derek Mahony
Sat. 22 July 2017, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm AEST
DHAA NSW and ADOHTA NSW invite you to join us for a day on Orthodontics with Dr Derek Mahony.
The course is suitable for Dentists, Dental Hygienist, Dental Therapists and Oral Health Therapists.
The last hour of the course will be dedicated to scope of practice for Dental Hygeinists and Oral Health Therapists in regards to orthodontics.
Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment in the mixed dentition
The identification, evaluation, control and neutralization of worsening factors in a developing malocclusion.
Review of facial growth patterns and a rational choice of diagnostic and therapeutic orthodontic treatment procedures.
Clinicians will be shown how to minimize skeletal, dentoalveolar and muscular problems, by the end of the transition to the permanent dentition.
- Interceptive orthodontics
- Growth modification
- Patient co-operation
- Early treatment philosophy
- Age 3-7 diagnosis and treatment
- Oral habits: thumb, tongue, pacifier
- Posterior cross bite
- Anterior cross bite
- Allergies, adenoids and airways
- Eruption problems
- Harmonizing width of the dental arches
- Improving speech problems
- Simplifying and/or shortening treatment time for later corrective orthodontics
- Reducing the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Myo-functional therapy
- Maintaining early treatment changes as the face matures
- Interceptive therapies in Class III malocclusions
- Treatment and prevention of craniomandibular disorders in paediatric dentistry
- Prevention and treatment of periodontal problems in interceptive orthodontics
- Prevention and treatment of dental trauma
BENEFITS OF EARLY TREATMENT
Influence jaw growth in a positive manner
Harmonize width of the dental arches
Improve eruption patterns
Lower risk of trauma to protruded upper incisors
Correct harmful oral habits
Improve aesthetics and self esteem
Simplify and/or shorten treatment time for later corrective orthodontics
Reduce the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
Improve some speech problems
Preserve or gain space for erupting permanent teeth
The day will include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please email any dietry requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student members - all student tickets must be a member of both the DHAA and ADOHTA, membership for students is free to both associations
Before June 20th 2017 refund minus booking fee
After June 20th 50% cancellation fee
Less then 7 days no refunds given
Tickets may be transferred to another member of the same status
All cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com