DVCS provides awareness, education and training in relation to domestic and family violence to the ACT community, including government departments, community groups and organisations, schools and clubs.
We are excited to provide twice annual training to members of the community who might engage with people who are subjected violence within their relationships. Such people might include those already working in the community sector, medical practitioners, those working in education and the alllied health professions, managers and supervisors.
Topics covered at each session include:
- Who is and what does the Domestic Violence Crisis Service do;
- What is domestic and family violence;
- How to respond to disclosure of domestic or family violence;
- How to provide support to someone experiencing domestic or family violence; and
- Question and reflection time.
All training includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Our facilitator has qualifications in training and assessment.