Deep Oceans Exhibition
Sydney, New South Wales
Come and journey through the Deep Oceans from June at the Australian Museum. Did you know the Deep Oceans are home to some of the strangest creatures, living under some of the most inhospitable conditions on Earth?
Dive in and uncover the secrets of the world’s largest habitat as the strange and rarely seen creatures of the deep are revealed.
Highlights of the exhibition include:
- See amazing glow-in-the-dark sea creatures from the depths of the abyss.
- Discover the deep-ocean sponges that contain cancer-fighting compounds.
- Meet the Museum’s infamous Mr Blobby, a fathead found more than 1000m deep in the Tasman Sea.
- Escape the jaws of an Anglerfish.
- Look inside our replica of the Bathysphere, the first submersible to descend beyond light, and experience a dive to the depths.
- Come face to face with a five-metre model of a Giant Squid – the biggest invertebrate on Earth.
- Feel the enormous water pressure at great ocean depths.
- Learn about the new technology oceanographers are using to map out the 25 million seamounts lying hidden below the waves.
- Follow the special Octonauts themed trail for under 5s.
Ticket price includes general entry into the Museum.
Ticket sales available at the door.