Dealing with Challenging Behaviours - BJ Session - Melbourne - September 17th
Wednesday, 17 September 2014 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (AEST)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The Dealing with Challenging Behaviours training will provide an opportunity for bail justices to reflect on how they currently manage situational challenges in their role.
The training will be delivered by Dr Sue Green, Psychologist, a consultant with David Cherry and Associates and tailored specifically to the challenges faced by bail justices.
Learning outcomes will include -
- Identification of how and when challenging behaviours can occur
- BJ specific scenarios
- Self management techniques in dealing with difficult people and situations
- Development of awareness of own behaviours
- Situational and environmental triggers - what can be done to limit or defuse them
- Role clarification - aligning behaviours with the HJO Code of Conduct
- Strengthening communication and listening skills
- Application of a consistent practice approach to minimise impacts of challenging situations
There will be justice of the peace specific training in Melbourne. Please visit our Eventbrite homepage for specific dates and details.
An 12:50 registration for a 1pm start.
Please identify any dietary or other special requirements we need to know about to ensure a great training experience.
Limited parking is available at the Metropole for training participants - please use public transport where possible.
NOTE: This training day is for current and registered BJ's of Victoria only. Please contact the Honorary Justice Office if you wish to register your interest in becoming a justice of the peace or bail justice.