Cultural intersections are pervasive in our interconnected world. We are exposed constantly to the consequences and implications of these intersections. Being able to make sense of and navigate these intersections is a basic skill for living in today’s world.
Using Islam and Muslims today as a case for conversation, the Masterclass provides an opportunity for you to explore intercultural understanding as comprising:
- Cultural awareness
- Understanding of intercultural contexts and issues
- Understanding what happens when cultural backgrounds, perspectives and experiences collide
- Understanding how to negotiate intercultural contexts and intercultural issues.
This one-day Masterclass is suitable for primary and secondary school leaders and teachers from all sectors. By attending the Masterclass, you will:
- Engage with expert speakers and panellists on issues of interculturality
- Explore strategies to facilitate challenging and constructive intercultural conversations with members of your school community
- Explore strategies and resources to support the development of intercultural understanding through teaching and learning
- Build understanding of Islam and Muslims today, particularly in Australia and in Southeast Asia.
To read more about this program, please visit Asia Education Foundation.
For further information please contact the AEF on firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 8344 3590