Hosted by popular children's author, Charmaine Clancy (My Zombie Dog).
Suitable for ages 7 right through to 16. The activities are fast paced, fun and creative. Kids will write stories, share ideas and laugh (a lot).
As well as writing books that have fast become many children's favourite reads, Charmaine teaches junior high school, with her focus in literacy improvement. Students who love stories and create their own narratives for fun are often much more successful in their academic studies. Storytelling develops parts of the brain that enable us to think both logically and creatively!
These workshops will share lots of shortcuts and tips to help explain, dissect and 'get' what good storytelling is all about. It's also a great way for your child to meet up with other creatives and express themselves in a fun environment. Charmaine's teen helpers will make them feel at ease right away.
Your child will be published!
That's right, we will choose one of their creations to add to the event's anthology. All participants will be included and the stories combined into an ebook (PDF) available for download from the iTeenWrite website! This is a great way to boost children's confidence in writing. The eBook will be ready for download about a week after the event - all parents will be emailed when it's ready to go (I'll make sure it's up in time to send out for Christmas).
- Snacks provided (if your child has food allergies, please provide them with a suitable snack)
- Worksheets and activities
- Interactive games to inspire creativity
- Writing materials provided
- A story from each child will be scanned, edited and put into a story anthology eBook, which you and familiy and friends can download from iTeenWrite for free!