This event is a partnership between SLiK, Kingston Community Garden and Kingborough Council:
Have you run out of room in your garden? Would you like to be able to grow strawberries and net them easily? Or perhaps you have an ugly wall you would like to cover with greenery?
This workshop will look at a range of designs for vertical gardens as well as offer a hands on in the construction of a vertical garden. We will look at use of salvaged materials for construction as well as other materials that can be bought. The workshop will cover:
- Frames for vertical gardens and how to construct a safe vertical garden
- lining your vertical garden
- Soil fertility and irrigation options to maintain healthy plants
- Plants that thrive in vertical gardens
- Lots of examples of vertical gardens
Bring along your questions and photo's of where you would like to position a garden in your own garden. Bring clothes for all weather and stout shoes.
Christina Giudici is co-owner of FIMBY - Food in my backyard - a Hobart based enterprise created to inspire and support people to grow their own food. To find out more about FIMBY go to www.fimby.com.au