Actions and Detail Panel
Creating a 'Living Lab' on the Coal Loader Platform Green-Roof
Thu. 27 October 2016, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDT
'Living Lab' visioning workshop
North Sydney Council and Macquarie University invites you to attend an upcoming workshop that will support the development of a Living Lab on the green roof at the Coal Loader Platform at Waverton.
The Coal Loader Platform is currently being revitalised to be one Sydney’s largest publicly accessible, and most innovative green roofs and a joint partnership between North Sydney Council and Macquarie University will transform this space into a ‘Living Lab’ so that schools, universities and other interested groups can participate in this outdoor class room to learn about such things as green infrastructure, biodiversity, sustainability, renewable energy and smart technology.
This workshop offers an opportunity for researchers, teachers, practitioners and the wider community to discuss how the Living Lab can facilitate learning, research and training across a variety of scales to enhance our understanding of why our cities need green space.
- Identify possible educational needs and research projects for primary schools, high schools and universities
- Identify the needs and wants of community groups and the wider community in relation to sustainable learning outcomes
- Identify key environmental parameters to be measured and captured for a interactive online portal
- A list of recommendations for various activities on the Coal Loader Living Lab
- A report on the session that will be circulated to all attendees
- A list of functionality needs for the interactive online portal and how this will be presented
- A contact list to facilitate cooperation and communication
Who should attend
- North Sydney Council representatives
- Macquarie University academics and researchers
- Primary and High School teachers
- Local government representatives
- Local community and sustainability groups
For future information contact
Living Lab Research Officer
Coal Loader Platform Partnership
North Sydney Council - Macquarie University