San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
CREATE YOUR OWN COSPLAY
Foam Basics: Star Wars Pauldrons & Gauntlets
Celebrate the release of STAR WARS: Rogue One, by spending this Saturday the 10th December creating your very own Star Wars gauntlets and greaves.
Suitable for anyone ages 12 and up, interested in learning how to create their own Cosplay foam costumes. The workshop taught by Shaun Sunday, one of Queenslands leading Cosplay Costume creators and founder of Part Time Hero Props, is all inclusive and comes with
- Shaun's booklet part of his essential guide to foam costuming; Foam Basics 1
- All the materials and tools required (Foam, Glue, paint, etc)
- Exclusive custom designed templates (4 Star Wars themed options)
- Lunch (Pizza) and refreshments throughout the day.
During the workshop Shaun will teach participants the fundamental skills of foam costuming, along with sharing his personal tricks for creating cool and realistic looking Cosplay costumes. Over the day participants will create a matching set of Star Wars Pauldrons and Gauntlets, made from one of the 4 custom templates
- Ancient Sith
- The Empire
- The Republic
Working from their chosen template, participants will within 6 hours create their primary foam pieces, and for those opting to stay on for an additional 2 hours, they will also be able to create a fitted and detailed Belt.
Throughout the workshop participants will learn the following skills:
- Safe tool handling and precautions for foam costuming.
- How to cut and glue foam for maximum bond and durability.
- How to shape and sculpt foam through heating.
- How to adjust the templates to ensure a comfortable fit and desired look.
- How to clean foam edges with various tools - dremmel etc
- How to strap up their armour prior to assembly
- How to properly seal and paint.
- How to add detailing - studs, engraving, battle damage
- How to create "real" leather looking foam pieces.
At the end of the workshop Participants will leave with at least two fully assembled and sealed pieces, an understanding of how to work with foam, and a copy of Foam Basics 1 to assist them as they continue to experiment and develop their skills creating their own original foam pieces for various costumes.
Secret Identity Comics, in addition to generously hosting the workshop, will also be offering an incredible
- 20% OFF all STAR WARS Comics & Merchandise.
Part Time Hero Props (PTHP) will also have a range of discounted accessories, including:
- Darth Maul Horns
- Sith Empire brand prosthetics
- Extra templates
- Extra copies of Foam Basics 1
- Bulk Foam packs
- Assorted foam costuming tools and materials.
PTHP will also have a limited selection of their custom made light saber range available for people to try out on the day, along wth some Cosplay accessories so that Participants can pose for photos in their costumes with matching sabers.
PLUS as an additional bonus for Star Wars fans hoping to have their own saber in time for Rogue One.
PTHP are offering a $20 DISCOUNT to anyone ordering one of their sabers prior to November 28th - just enter the Code "BUILDYOUROWN" on their Etsy store to take advantage of this special deal.
When & Where
Shaun is a skilled Special FX artist, and avid Cosplayer and Pop culture enthusiast, he is the founder of Part Time Hero Props and Co-founder of Sunday Studios. He is also a recognised voice in the australian lightsaber enthusiast community as well as the designer and co-manufacturer of his own personal line of sabers.