This workshop includes working safely at heights with ladders, roof work, elevated work platforms, scaffolding and fall protection systems. The workshop covers working safely at heights on domestic and commercial work sites and includes new construction, renovation or refurbishment, and maintenance.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for persons who are required to work safely on construction sites where the work activity involves working above 1.5 metres from ground level and where fall protection measures are required.
Course Outline and Structure
Full-day workshop (approx. 7 hrs)
On completion of this course, participants have a working knowledge of and be able to and carry out:
• Legislation and Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations
• Codes of Practice
• Risk Management, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Hazard Control
• Protection of Public and Others
• Hierarchy of Fall Protection Options and Principles of Height Safety
• Inspection, use and care of equipment
• Suspension Trauma and treatment of suspension trauma
• Fall Arrest and Restraint Systems, Anchorage Systems and ladders
• Safe Use of Equipment, Assembly of the system
• Maintenance, Inspection and Record Keeping Requirements
• Inspection Checklists
Participants will receive a set of Safe Work at Heights Course Notes, Harness Inspection Sheets and Extracts from the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations.
Participants will be required to complete a practical assessment including a risk assessment in a vertical environment, safety checks, pre-use inspection of PPE, correct installation of height safety equipment and demonstrate safe work at heights in a controlled manner using the correct techniques. Participants will also complete a written assessment.
Did you know, you can also complete Construction Industry OHS on the same day as a bundle package? Click here to Register
When & Where
Suite 16B, Level 1, Raby Bay Harbour
152 Shore Street West
Glass Skills Australia
Glass Skills Australia specialises in challenging and improving the way traditional training and skills development has been delivered to the glass processing and glazing sectors.
Explore our website and find out how we can make a real difference to your business.