San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Would you like to know what’s happening in the Cooks River catchment?
Jointly organised by Cooks River Valley Association and the Cooks River Alliance, this Forum is for sharing information about action along the River and catchment – that is being taken by councils, state government, Sydney Water, and community organisations. There is a great deal happening, and this is an opportunity to find out.
We are all Cooks River People!
- Dan Cunningham from Sydney Water: on re-naturalising the banks of the Cooks River and how it will help restore the River
- Claire Evans from Georges River Committee: on what she discovers as an ecologist measuring the health of the river in the Georges and Cooks Rivers
- Karen Player from Australian Museum: on encouraging people to look at bugs in waterways and find out what this tells us about water quality
- Nardi Simpson from band Stiff Gins: on being a river person
- Students from Canterbury Girls High School and Canterbury Public School: on their sustainability projects, including Canterbury 2193 Plastic Bottle Free
- A PetchaKutcha session with short presentations on community& councils’ actions
- Theatre Workshop – how to communicate messages to protect the river.
The event is family friendly with school garden tours, films and photos displays, vox pops, stalls, food.
When & Where
Cooks River Alliance
The Cooks River Alliance is a partnership between Ashfield Council, Bankstown City Council, City of Canterbury,
City of Sydney, Hurstville City Council, Marrickville Council, Rockdale City Council and Strathfield Council