San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
CONSUMER LAW - A FREE LEGAL INFORMATION SEMINAR
A free seminar on consumer law for all South Australians.
The Legal Services Commission will be presenting on Tuesday 21 March a free seminar (and webcast) from 12.30pm to 1.30pm on consumer law and consumer rights.
The session will include general information about:
- Consumer rights and responsibilities under the Australian Consumer Law
- Common problems faced by consumers
- Where to get more information
Products and services ranging from cars to mobile phones and sold to Australian consumers come with automatic guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. This session will explain how the consumer guarantees work, and where consumers can get assistance in resolving common problems when dealing with traders or manufacturers.
The session on Level 3, 30 Flinders Street, Adelaide is suitable for both community workers and members of the public. You can attend in person - or via webcast if you book via our dedicated webcast page.
Please note that this session is general in nature, and we cannot give advice on specific cases.
Bookings are essential for this live seminar as seating capacity is limited.
Register online via www.lscsa.eventbrite.com.au
For further information please telephone 8111 5593 or visit www.lsc.sa.gov.au
When & Where
Legal Services Commission of South Australia
The Legal Services Commission provides a range of legal services to members of the public:
- legal representation to people eligible under criteria set by the Commission in accordance with Section 10(2) of the Act.
- free legal advice and minor legal assistance
- a free duty solicitor service
- a range of online resources and printed publications explaining the law in simple, easy to understand terms
- the Law Handbook Online at www.lsc.sa.gov.au provides plain english language legal information
- an extensive range of legal education programs, many free of charge.