- Cooroy Butter Factory Arts Centre 11A Maple Street Cooroy
- Starting Sunday sept 18th – Sunday October 16th 2016 (5 weeks) Sundays x 4 10.30am – 1.30pm Sunday x1 10am – 3pm.
- Youth art workshops Using the common relatable relevant medium of popular culture , the skateboard deck we will seek to express the individual identity of each young person and how that connects as a larger whole to the Community looking at the Idea of being “connected” both to their identity within themselves and to the local and global community. Looking at Heritage , History, family and social groups social media. running for 4 weeks with a demonstration drawing lines between the skate world and the Art world on the 5th week and a one day exhibition where the participants will be involved in installing under the guidance of the experienced tutor Dave Fisher and holding their own Exhibition opening . Here, the public will be invited and the students’ works will be displayed and for sale with the profits going to the young Artists themselves.
- 4 x Sundays in sept/ oct - workshops with an experienced art tutor in contemporary/commercial/pop/ street using mixed media from aerosols, stencil to ink & paint.
- 5th Sunday – installation of artworks by participants in pop up gallery space, exhibition open to public (for one day, opening event which may include utilising local businesses Trinity Skateparks for an installation of skateable sculpture and Boardstore Skate shops professional Skate coaches and Skate team for a coaching clinic and demonstration, potential performance Art demonstration with live music and filming of the event and festivities. Co-ordinated through Dave Fisher, Kodan Lynam from Trinity Skateparks , Shannon Lever - Boardstore Skate Team manager and Skatecoaching from Boardstore aswell.
- This will be a structured workshop. Our volunteers will be onsite and helping with sign in, material distribution and end of workshop pack ups. They help the organization build and maintain grounded connections with the communities they serve and with their volunteering experience. Out of this experience the volunteers find success in offering their time and energy to opportunities like this for developing and maintaining social relationships, personal and professional growth, and supporting a community.
Terms and Conditions: BY CHOOSING THIS TICKET I ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING OR ATTENDING THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, AND ANY SUBSEQUENT ACTIVITY OF A SIMILAR KIND SANCTIONED BY THE AUSTRALIAN SKATEBOARDING FEDERATION LIMITED (ASF). *
These risks include but are not limited to, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by the Facilitator, or because of their possible liability without fault.
Terms and Conditions *
I am physically fit to Partake in the Activity. There are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this Activity.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the organizers, sponsors, equipment and venue providers, and the ASF (“The Released”), and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at the Activity.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this Activity, I hereby for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns::
This activity may test a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and The Released.
I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity
I may be photographed during these activities. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF MY OWN FREE WILL.