Actions and Detail Panel
Cone Beam Computed Tomography for Licensing - presented by Associate Profes...
Sat. 1 April 2017, 8:45 am – 4:30 pm ACDT
Cone Beam Computed Tomography for Licensing
Cone Beam CT imaging is becoming more widely used in Australian dental practice and understanding of its applications, images and equipment are required for those needing to be licensed. This practical workshop, presented by Dr Sarah Constantine, Associate Professor Janet Fuss , combines self-directed reading, lecture-style presentations, discussions, hands-on exercises and assessment.
- a general appreciation of the varied nature of CBCT machines
- awareness of dosages and other matters of radiation safety
- ability to identify the components of cone beam x-ray equipment
- ability to prepare cone beam x-ray equipment for exposure of the image
- ability to prepare the patient for exposure of the image
- appreciation and understanding of the projection geometry and the technical production of cone beam images
- development of technical proficiency in the production of cone beam images
- ability to identify errors of image production in relation to equipment preparation and exposure parameters, patient preparation, patient management and software processing
- understanding of the nature of the cone beam image
- appreciation of the advantages and limitations of the cone beam image
- appreciation of the cone beam image
- appreciation of the diagnostic, treatment planning and monitoring uses of cone beam images
- ability to recognise normal cone beam anatomy and to identify soft and hard tissue structures and landmarks
- acquisition of basic interpretive and diagnostic skills in relation to dental cone beam images
About the Presenters
Dr Sarah Constantine
Dr Sarah Constantine obtained her MBBS from The University of Adelaide in 1998 and was awarded FRANZCR in 2005, and undertook a fellowship in Perinatal Imaging in 2005 at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital in South Australia. Dr Constantine has a long-standing interest in Dental Imaging and is a member of The International Association of Dentomaxillofacial Radiology. She provides reporting services for International Teleradiology Corporation, the dental hospitals in South Australia and Victoria, and participates in the radiology
meeting for the Craniofacial Unit in Adelaide.
Associate Professor Janet Fuss
Associate Professor Janet Fuss holds a Bachelor of Dental Surgery, a Graduate Diploma in Clinical
Dentistry and Master of Science from The University of Adelaide. She has undertaken advanced training in maxillofacial imaging and currently teaches radiology in the Adelaide School of Dentistry. Janet has served on the Council of the SA branch of the Australian Dental Association for six years.
CPD Hours 20
Lunch, morning and afternoon teas included for hands-on day. Please advise special dietary requirements when you register.
Registrations will be acknowledged and receipts issued. Course registrants will be contacted by email with a reminder one week prior to the course.
Cancellation of registration is required at least 14 days prior to commencement of the course and is subject to a $50.00 cancellation charge. Cancellations within 14 days will be subject to further charges.