Actions and Detail Panel
Conducting a Challenging Conversation
Tue. 8 August 2017, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
Every leader at some stage of their career will need to conduct a challenging conversation with an employee. To perform well at this, preparation and practice is vital – we cannot expect challenging conversations to come naturally.
Having a challenging conversation can be the success or failure of a valued employee; therefore you owe it to your employees to become efficient in managing conversations effectively which may otherwise be avoided.
Tha learning outcomes of this workshop for line leaders are:
- Describe the stages of an effective conversation
- Demonstrate the benefits of preparing for the conversation
- Practise communicating effectively through active listening, focussing on future outcomes, promoting strategies and removing biases
- Reflect on relevant content and manage emotions
- Display greater confidence in preparing and holding courageous conversations