Actions and Detail Panel
Come and Play Day
Fri. 18 November 2016, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Come and Play Days are an opportunity for families to come and play at the farm with their children aged 0 - 6 years. Our regular, weekly Farm School is a specialist early year's program for a regularly enrolled group. Farm School is fully booked, so we felt monthly Come and Play Days would be perfect for families not enrolled in Farm School to 'come and play'.
The unique aims of a Come and Play Day
The program is
- designed for children aged 0 – 6
- democratic (each child is asked what ideas they have to do that day, and we facilitate them)
- child-lead (we stand back and follow their wanderings, adding value where we can)
- parent-stay, and
- project-based (from planting to building)
with a view to social and ecological experiences through
- being in community, and
- animals and nature.
Our nature-based, creative activities
Some of the activities we do include:
- feeding critters including goats and guinea pigs
- grooming horses
- burning off sticks and cooking in the fire
- walking the farm
- planting and harvesting salad vegies
- dressing up
- running the paddocks
- creating nature-art
- singing songs
- preparing and sharing a communal meal
- riding mini horses, and
- playing with specialised wooden toys… amongst many other farm experiences.
The cost is only $25 per family.
Cancellations can be made by calling Jane, the event co-ordinator, on 0488772032 or by emailing email@example.com
Refunds can be made to families who cancel their place no less than 24 hours prior to their Come and Play Day. This gives us time to invite and accept another family to Come and Play.
What to bring
Be prepared for some unusual weather and experiences... so please bring:
- wet weather gear... gumboots, rain coats, wet weather pants ... we spend most of our day outside!
- a full change of clothes for you and your children
- your mobile phone
- 4 pieces of fresh fruit and vegetables, AND
- your confirmation booking form.