Actions and Detail Panel
COFFS HARBOUR: Understanding & Responding to Self Harm and Suicidal Ideatio...
Wed. 21 June 2017, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm AEST
Understanding and Responding to Self-harm and Suicidal Ideation
- What is Self-harm
- Why do people self-harm
- What is Suicidal Ideation
- How is self-harm different from suicidal ideation
Responding to Self-harm
- Immediate response
- Strategies for grounding and regulating emotions/arousal states
- Alternatives to self-harm
- Strategies for building self-awareness and healthy communication
Responding to Suicidal Ideation
- Immediate Response
- Assessing Risk
- Developing Safety Plans
- Strategies for building hope and a sense of connection to others
The facilitator is Family Therapist, Trent Savill. Trent has over 13 years of experience working with complex and high-risk young people in the child-protection system. He provides consultancy to the Department of Communities (Child Safety) and the non-government sector through intensive in-home therapy to children and families, training to carers and professionals, and coordination of residential care programs.
Trent’s primary role now involves consulting with the Department and other agencies around their most complex cases and delivering training around the provision of therapeutic care (Understanding and Responding to Complex Trauma and Attachment).
More info: Kym Glynn Email: Learning@caspa.asn.au Ph: 026627 3700