Cinematography DSLR and Camcorder Workshop PERTH
Cinematography Workshop - a practical shooting workshop for DSLR and Camcorder Owners led by
Ced Robertson | Photographer • Cinematographer • Premiere Pro & FCP X Trainer
Hands-on workshop for learning how to shoot and get the most out of your DSLR - adding new dimensions to your storytelling.
Who should attend
• Stills Photographers who want to move into movies
• Communications and Social Media who now have the responsiblity of filming their own inhouse videos
• Got a new camera and no idea how to use it.
• Those wanting to improve their filming skills
• All about the gear - going over what specs people should look for in a camera for video. What gear would you still need?
• Settings (Codecs, Progressive, Interlaced, fps) - what to use when shooting video on a “stills camera”
• Aspect ratio and shooting for 16:9 or 4:3
• Depth of field
• Prime, Zoom and Perspective
• Dynamic and Static shooting
• Shutter Speed, Aperture Settings, ISO ND's and their relationship with each other
• Lighting for Indoors, Interviews and Outdoors
• Mixed Lighting
• Location Audio Audio
• Using a lavalier mic - wired and wireless
• Using a shotgun mic
• Using microphones with external recorders
• Shooting Interviews
• Shooting B-Roll and cut-aways
• Ingesting - importing your footage
• Creating a rough cut, finalising and export
• Review of days shoot and analyses of shots and Q&A
All included in the cost of the workshop is coffee, tea, filtered water and great biscuits throughout the day and lunch at one of the eating places near the training venue.
BYO DSLR or Camcorder, charger and cables, Laptop. (Laptop Rental Optional extra)
Basic knowledge of camera techniques.
Policies: See labspaceaustralia.com/policies